Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 3: In the fullness of time

I am too full because I ate too much for supper.

I have 3 friends who are "too full" with their babies--past their due dates or über-uncomfortably close.

Mary was "too full" with the Christ child, God in human form. Jesus was cramped up in his mother's innards, jostled by a long journey and ultimately born in a barn.

I'm trying too hard to be poetic. But this simple meditation does help me to realize, even in the midst of my regret for having overeaten, that God is with us, mixed right in with our mess-ups, ready to be born into our lives, ready to bear the burdens of our humanness, ready to redeem our mistakes and lead us to a better way of life, for now and forever.

Thank You, Jesus. I choose to follow You. Fill my spirit with Your Spirit. Fill me to overflowing. Make me "too full" of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment